Route 1: Munich – Paris (800 Km)
Route 2: Bolu – Istanbul – Bolu (510 Km)
Fuel-cell Tractor-Truck with High Operational Flexibility & Short Refueling Time
Vehicle group: 5 VECTO
The most common tractor-trailer configuration, with a 4×2 drivetrain and a GCW of 40t, was selected for the BMC pilot. It aims to overcome the
technological barriers related to modular e-powertrain (considering LCA), standardised refuelling technology development and optimisation together with AI-based maintenance (TCO) and fleet management tool through the targeted innovations listed below to enable the largescale roll-out of FC trucks with high operational flexibility and short refueling times in the short term.
- Specific Challenge: Demonstration of 40t flexible f-HDV prototype with 800 km range, 47% efficient FC with high operational flexibility.
- Vehicle: Flexible vehicle platforms to allow the installation of modular e-powertrain solutions, packaging and positioning H2 storage system considering vehicle (truck+trailer) dynamics (e.g. manevoureability) and safety aspects.
- Component: Platform independent modular components, High-level standardisation
- Logistics: Operational flexibility, Health monitoring of powertrain and mix-fleet integration.
- Demonstrator Vehicle: BMC-Tuğra tractor truck fuel cell-powered demo vehicle
- Modular, Efficient & Light Weight Hybrid Powertrain (2 Modular 100 kW FC + H2 tanks @700 bar+100kWhmodular battery pack);
- Integrated innovative Thermal Management System;
- AI-based Adaptive EnergyManagement Algorithm;
- Demonstration of 90% available and 30.000 h FC with Scalable Power Level of an H2-based Power Unit;
- Compact e-drive train with 360 kW central-high power EM with integrated inverter andtransmission unit with flexible platform modular to allow the installation of modular e powertrain solutions;
- WBGDC/DC technology;
- Optimized Control Architecture;
- AI-Predictive Maintenance Algorithm4FC; ix) Mix
fleet-specific flexible managerial tools to make the best use of fleet.
- Route: Germany-France cross-border:
- Mission: The envisioned scenario is a long haul aiming to carry goods from the harbour (France) to the end-user located in Germany. ENGIE green fix multi-fuel station (G-MFS) will be equipped to ensure the fast recharging of fuel cell trucks meeting the required constraints and targeted KPIs. It will be used during the cross-border demonstration of the BMC fuel cell truck trial located in Gennevilliers/ Paris near the harbour and connection to TEN-T corridor. The expected capacity of the station will be 4 ton/day and it will be designed for refuelling speed of high-speed protocol (170 g/sec). The H2 tank pressure will be 700 bar and the gas will be stored as fixed gas.
- Route: Istanbul- Sakarya-Bolu.
- Scenario: The envisioned scenario will be forshipping the goods via box truck by taking them from their locations in the warehouse to the customer depot. The
mobile HRS of TEK will be used during the daily operation of the 6 months of the trial. The expected capacity of thestation will be 120kg/day and the fueling speed will be 15/20/25 min. The H2 tank pressure will be 700 bar and it will be stored as mobile gas.
- KPI-1: Efficiency of Fuel Cell >47% (VECTO profilecharge @ sustaining mode);
- KPI-2: 200 km Range Per Tank;
- KPI-3: H2 consumption <9 kg/100km ;
- KPI-4: Range>800 km of single refill@GVW (VECTO long haul mission profile);
- KPI-5: Refueling Speed ≥170g/s;
- KPI-6: 34:TCO <270k€ );
- KPI-7: Maintenance costs <0.3 €/km